I am a huge goat cheese lover! You can add goat cheese to almost anything and it would elevate it to a whole new level, in my opinion. This recipe was inspired by Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes at SkinnyTaste.com. I gave it the the old Whipper once over and fell in LOVE!
Did you know that goat cheese is 30% lower in fat and calories than most cow’s milk cheese?
Agave Goat Cheese Dressing – Serves 15
- 4 oz. of creamy goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp Agave (a natural sweetener like honey that can be found at most supermarkets these days.)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, jucied
In a small blender, combine the goat cheese, agave, extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon. Season with fresh cracked black pepper and salt. Mix until creamy.
Apple Scallion Pecan Salad with Agave Goat Cheese Dressing – Serves 1
- 10 pecan halves
- 1/2 apple sliced
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce (or, what ever green you want)
- 1 scallion sliced
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Fill a bowl with the baby greens. Top with the pecans, apples, scallions and goat cheese. Drizzle with the Agave Goat Cheese Dressing.