home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Friday, September 10, 2010

Taco Cupcakes

You know as well as I do that most children are picky eaters. My little ones are the exception to the rule! My kids routinely ask me for sushi, mushrooms, white clam linguine, and Greek Dolmas (grape leave wrapped seasoned rice. Looks disgusting but tastes amazing!)

But when I have other children visiting my home, I make this fun meal that everyone is sure to love.  It tickles them pink that they are allowed to eat "cupcakes" for dinner! The best part about this meal is that it’s complete. No side or veggie required, as it already has all the food pyramid requirements!

Cover 

What you will need,

  • 1lb meat of your choice. I prefer ground turkey
  • 1 can of corn, drained
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 2 cans of beans, semi drained. I usually use kidney & chili beans.
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning
  • 1 bunch of cilantro. Rinsed and chopped head to toe.
  • 1 box of corn bread
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • Sour cream optional
  • 1 sleeve of cupcake wrappers

Directions

Make the corn bread as directed on package. Set aside.

WB3 010

Brown your beef with the onion. Stir in water and taco seasoning as directed on packet. Toss in corn, beans, and cilantro. Mix well.

12 3 4

Fill each of your cupcake wrappers half full with the meat and bean mix, and pour corn bread mix on top until it is 3/4 full. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each and bake for 20 minutes or until the mix is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.

5

Dollop some sour cream on the top of each if the kids like, and it looks like a real cupcake!

6

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails