home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Monday, November 8, 2010

Creamy White Chili

WB 049 copy

The first time I had this tasty chili was right after the birth of my little guy and my good friend Neelie brought over a steamy pot.  I was in heaven!!  It was one of those taste memories that will always stick in my mind because it was so comforting.  Thanks, Neelie, for the comfort then, and for letting me share now!

Creamy White Chili

  • 1 pound shredded chicken
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 8 oz green chilies
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 t ground cumin
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

In a large saucepan sauté chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.  Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and heavy cream. Serve.

Signature_edited-1

WhipperBerryLogo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails