home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Upside-Down Pineapple Cherry Cobbler

When I was growing up, my amazing mother cooked every meal at home. My darling little sister was the baker of the family, and would force me to choose a cookie recipe from Mrs. Field's cookbook every day. Needless to say, I didn't learn the art of cooking or baking at an early age. Truth be told, the first real meal I ever undertook was the first night of marriage at home... chicken-fried steak. Good thing I lived about six houses from my mother-in-law, and she grew her own aloe vera plants! I was nearly burned to death from sizzling oil up both arms!! Since then, I have perfected the art of easy, yet impressive cooking.

This family heirloom is a wonderful, fast and easy, "dry" recipe you can have in your cupboards for a throw-together dessert that is still going to knock the socks off your guests!

Upside-down Pineapple Cherry Cobbler

IMAG1195-


One box of yellow cake mix (dry)
One stick of butter
One can of crushed pineapple
One can of cherry pie filling

IMAG1178-


Grease a cake pan and dump the cherry and pineapple cans (juice and all) in the bottom. Mix well. I sincerely hate nuts in my desserts but the nut fanatic may add chopped walnuts at this point as well.

IMAG1180--  IMAG1181-

Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the top. Roughly chop the butter over the entire surface.

IMAG1185---  IMAG1192----

And to quote one of my favorite movies ("Steel Magnolias") Bake @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes until golden bubbly! Just add vanilla ice cream to cut the sweetness.

IMAG1193-


Enjoy this easy family treat anytime with under five minutes of prep! If you are as busy as I am, you can impress in no time :)

Erin

whipperberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails