home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Sunday, October 17, 2010

{Fall Table} Salad Sliders

WB 080

Nothing says Fall like this delicious combination of cabbage, parmesan shavings and pine nuts. This recipe is extremely versatile and should be used as a guideline for your creativity. Switch out lettuces, toppings and dressings to your hearts content. I can’t wait to try a few other varieties myself!

  • 1 head purple cabbage
  • Wedge of parmesan (I found mine in the deli area of my local grocery)
  • Orange Bell Pepper
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Pine nuts (I found these shelled and roasted at WalMart in the baking aisle with the other nuts)
  • Bottle of your favorite Italian Dressing

Tear off a palm sized cabbage leaf. I used a sharp knife to trim the leaves to a good size for my tray. Use a sharp knife to shave off slender curls of Parmesan. Lay on top off cabbage leaf. Slice and dice the bell pepper and sprinkle it, a few cranberries and pine nuts atop the cabbage and parmesan. Now, do your best Master Chef imitation and drizzle about one teaspoon of dressing across each leaf. Pick up your new salad creation, fold up the leaf a bit to keep from losing goodies and bite into a little bit of heaven! I can’t wait to hear how you put this to use. Keep me posted!

Signature

WhipperBerryLogo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails